The Claquato Church in the community of Claquato, WA. The church was builtin 1857 for a Methodist congregation. It is the oldest church is Washington state. It is no longer active but can be rented for weddings.
Claquato thrived from the 1850Õs into teh 1870Õs as a lumber mill town and capital of Lewis County. When the railroad bypassed the town, almost everyone moved 3 miles east to Chahalis. Only the church and cemetery remain of the original settlement.